The online Parent Portal has been redesigned and now serves two main purposes:
- to access your child(ren)’s student transportation information; and
- to subscribe for bus delay email notifications for your child(ren)’s bus runs and for general email notifications regarding inclement weather cancellations.
Please review our Parent Portal FAQs for troubleshooting support with accessing student transportation schedules.
Create New Parent Portal Account
NOTE – If you have previously created a subscription account with HSTS for delays and cancellations, this account is now your Parent Portal account.
- Click on yellow ‘Sign In’ button in the upper right hand corner of www.haltonbus.ca.
- Select ‘Parent/Student’ icon and click ‘Sign In’.
- Select ‘Create Account’. Fill in email address, password twice and click ‘Submit’ button.
- You are now automatically subscribed to receive general email notifications when all transportation is cancelled due to inclement weather.
Accessing Student Transportation Schedules and Subscribing for Bus Delay Notifications
- Log into your Parent Portal account.
- Click on ‘Add Student’.
- Enter the student’s Ontario Education Number (OEN – this 9-digit number can be found on a past report card, do not use the Student ID), House Number (do not enter street name or unit/apt #), School and Grade.
- Click on the ‘Add Student’. You are automatically directed to the ‘My Student‘ page which will provide you with your child’s Student Transportation Schedule. You are automatically subscribed to receive bus delay email notifications for your child’s bus run(s), which you can view on the ‘My Subscriptions‘ page.
- Repeat above steps 2 – 4 for additional children.
Reset Password for Existing Parent Portal Account (previously ‘Subscription’ Account)
- Click on yellow ‘Sign In’ button in upper right hand corner of www.haltonbus.ca.
- Select ‘Parent/Student’ button and click ‘Sign In’
- Select ‘Forgot Your Password?’
- Fill in your email address and click ‘Reset Password’.
- Open the email you receive from email@example.com and click on ‘Confirm’. Please be sure to check your junk mail folder.
- You will be prompted to enter a new password twice and then click ‘Change Password’. You will be redirected to the log-in page.
Subscribe for Bus Delays Without an Ontario Education Number (OEN)
This method is used when your student has no OEN yet because they are a Kindergarten student or a new student to the Ontario public school system. Prior to the first day of school, you will receive communication from HSTS with your student(s) busing information.
- Log into your account.
- Click on ‘My Subscriptions’
- Select ‘Add Run‘
- Select ‘Find by’ Route and select your child’s Route # from the drop down lists under ‘New’.
- Select ‘Find’ and click in the ‘Add’ column beside your child’s school. Click ‘Subscribe’. You will receive a message confirming the run has been added. (You must repeat these steps for both the AM & PM bus route #s for each child (unless they are on the same bus route number in the AM and PM).
- Once all route numbers have been added, click on ‘My Subscriptions’ again to refresh the page. You are now subscribed to receive bus delay email notifications for your selected routes/runs.
Please note: Once your child receives an OEN, you can update your subscription by adding your students to your Parent Portal account using this OEN. See ‘Accessing Student Transportation Schedules’ above for instructions. Once completed, if/when your child’s bus route changes during the school year or in future years, the subscription will automatically update to your child’s current route assignment.
How to Unsubscribe
- Log into your account.
- Click on ‘My Subscriptions’.
- You will see the list of current bus runs you have subscribed to notifications for.
- Click on the red garbage can icon beside the run you wish to unsubscribe.