It is the practice of HSTS that public concerns and questions should be dealt with at the level closest to the issue. Therefore, the following procedures have been set out to assist members of the public and the respective boards’ staff expeditiously deal with questions and/or concerns.
This procedure does not supersede or apply to any other HSTS Operating Procedure where an escalation process is separately identified and/or defined.
Parents/Guardians should follow the guidelines for addressing questions or concerns:
1. Where a parent/guardian has a concern about his/her child’s transportation provider (late arrival, bus route delay posting, bus/taxi driver, etc.) the issue should initially be raised with the manager of the school bus/taxi company.
2. Should the parent/guardian not be satisfied by the manager’s response, then the parent/guardian should address the concern with the HSTS Transportation Officer.
3. Should the parent/guardian not be satisfied with the HSTS Transportation Officer’s response, the parent/guardian should address the concern with the HSTS Manager of Transportation who may then consult with the HSTS General Manager.
4. If the HSTS Manger of Transportation/General Manager are unable to resolve the matter, the parent/guardian may request his/her Superintendent meet with the General Manager to attempt to bring closure to the matter.
If a member of the public has a concern regarding a specific transportation provider, it should be addressed to:
1. The Operations Manager at the respective bus/taxi company.
2. Should the Operations Manager not be able to resolve the matter, the issue should be raised with the General Manager.
3. Should the matter remain unresolved, the issue should be directed to the HSTS Manager of Transportation.
If a member of the public has a concern regarding a bus stop location, it should be addressed to:
1. The HSTS Transportation Officer who may consult with the transportation providers Safety Manager.
2. Should the individual not be satisfied with the Transportation Officer’s response, the matter should be addressed with the Manager of Transportation who may consult with the General Manager.
Effective Date: March 2020Operating Procedure: HS-3-018 – Dealing with Concerns