During extreme cold temperatures and snowy days there may be weather related bus delays.
Make sure your child knows your expectations such as how long you expect them to wait at the bus stop before they return home or to a safe location. Parents/guardians should always ensure they have an alternate plan in place in the event their child misses the bus and that their child fully understands what they should do and where they should go if this occurs.
Helpful information about preventative measures to manage cold weather conditions can be found on the Region of Halton website.
Reminders for the Winter Months
- Students should be at the bus stop 5-10 minutes before pick up time and parents/guardians should be waiting at the bus stop 5-10 minutes before drop off time.
- Stay away from the road and stay off snow banks when waiting at the bus stop.
- Avoid wearing long scarfs, hats and drawstrings that may easily catch on something when exiting/entering the bus
- Be visible, wear reflective clothing when going to/from school and the bus stop.
- The bus will go to every bus stop if the bus is delayed unless the stop is inaccessible due to weather and road conditions.
- Check haltonbus.ca for delays and cancellation messages or sign up to receive email notifications.